I was honoured to be judge elect for Crufts 2013. The only downside, to an otherwise enjoyable day, being the Show Committee pressuring to speed up judging during the bitch classes. Thankyou to all exhibitors for bringing their lovely dogs and mostly taking my decisions in a sporting manner with enthusiasm from round the ring for the winners. Also thanks to the hard working ring stewards for keeping things running smoothly. Although numerically smaller I found overall the breed in general to be in a strong position. Temperaments superb and although the weather has been bad, nuscle tone on the whole was good. Coats have suffered a bit which can be expected, a few overweight and dentition needs to be watched especially in the bitches.
1. Dobden Diamond Geezer In Dominoesdale ShCM. Strong built dog, well off for bone, broad skull, good angulation, moved out well in great form.
2. Ch Pouchymo Pinball Wizard. Lovely shape, good head and bone, moved well.
3. Macopa Dark Storm. Nice type, not moving as well as first and second.
1. Gojolega Stargazer At Ambleoak. Upstanding young man, well off for bone, good head proportions and length of neck. Advanced coat for age, moved soundly, will watch his progress with interest, should have a great future. BP
2. Brinkley Olympic Gold At Enabarts. Very sound compact dog, well off for bone, moved ok when settled. Needs socialising and ring training to get the best out of him.
3. Gojolega What A Friend. Litter brother to first, smaller type, not as advanced in coat, moved ok.
1. Aryakas Midas. Compact male, good neck and shoulder placement, strong muzzle, good width to skull making for lovely expression. Coat of good quality for age, moved well one for the future.
1. Zottels XFactor. Had the edge over litter brother for me, good size for a male, correct head proportions, strong quarters, good bend of stifle, coat changing well and moved with style.
2. Zottels Xceedingly Nice For Hazyland. Sure these two will change places many times, similar attributes to first, but on a smaller scale, coat advanced for age.
3. Jeddep Hairy Biker. Not the body and finish of the other two, needs more time to mature, however lovely shape and moved out well.
1. Macopa Look At Me. Good bone, compact shape, moving well, good reach of neck and depth of brisket, good angulation and neat hocks.
2. Alezurri Bulgy Bear At Blairdon. Good head, bone and coat. Could be improved with more socialising, good mover when settled.
3. Molyneux The Magic Is You. Would have liked a better width of skull and more bone for his size, nice shape, moved ok.
1. Millwinkie Magic Moon At Meldale. 3 year old mature well moving boy. Lovely compact shape, good neck and shoulder placement, well off for bone and good width to skull. Coat of good quality took the class on strong movement.
2. Wilbamil War Of The Worlds. Compact male, deep brisket, good bone and head proportion, good coat, moved well.
3. Shaggy Blue Bob's Pretty Snowball World Junior Winner. Good head proportion, short in body, not moving his best today.
1. Ger Ch Sweet Expressions Meet & Greet. Heavily coated dog but of superior proportions underneath which I could not fault. Strong foreface, great width to skull, good reach of neck and correct shoulder placement. Clean at the withers, compact body with deep brisket and enough spring of rib.Strong sound quarters moved with drive around the ring. Dog CC
2. Dizzny'z Special Agent. Only young but so much to like. Excellent compact shape, lovely head proportions, nice reach of neck and clean withers. Moved out well and with a bit more maturity this boy will trouble the best. Reserve CC
3. Ch Longdorham Follow The Dream. A worthy champion, however the remarks made in the ring by this experienced exhibitor were rude and uneccessary.
VB (5) My favourite class to judge.
1. Ch Kalaju Klassy Rascal. This girl full of vim enjoying her day out. Lovely breed type, compact shape, strong quarters, strong and enthusiastic on the move.
2. Ch Meisan Moonlight Serenade. Sound all through, well off for bone, good head proportions, moved with drive.
3. Ger/Int Ch Sweet Expressions Circus Circus. Another worthy champion, still moving well in the ring, could show the youngsters a thing or two
1. Cillastlye Ceecee Cookie. Sound young lady, well off for bone, confident mover both ways, coat changing well for age, promising.
2. Regalbliss Lady Of Mellowdee. Nice young lady, good head proportions, coat changing well, good mover, not as mature as first.
3. Cillastyle Candigirl At Ladamis. Larger type, good on the move, nice neck and shoulder placement, needs more time to mature.
1. Shaggylands Rumour Has It. Admired this girl from the ringside and was not disappointed. Lovely shape, excellent reach of neck and shoulder placement, short coupled, strong quarters and neat hocks which she used well on the move. Strong contender for reserve CC but maturity won on the day. One for the future.
2. Piraza Primadonna For Storinblu. Another with much to like, unlucky to meet winner in top form, very feminine with wealth of good quality coat, presented well, moved ok.
3. Take A Chance On Me At Quemerford. Strode out in style, sound girl, lots to like, lovely shape, slower in coat.
1. Zottels Xtravagance. Excellent shape, feminine but with good bone, short coupled, strong quarters, neat hocks, she used power round the ring, lovely coat.
2. Meisan Roly Poly Angelique. Slightly longer, wonderful neck and shoulder placement, clean at withers, well muscled, excellent mover.
3. Zottels Xtremely Nice. Larger type but still very feminine, wonderful coat for age, moved really well.
1. Jeddep Katwalk Kikki At Ragglebarn. Well off for bone, good head proportions, nice length of neck and shoulder placement, strong quarters giving very strong sound movement, good quality coat.
2. Forestbelle Dreamboat. Very feminine bitch, a wealth of beautiful coat in colour and texture. Carrying too much weight for me, strong quarters with neat hocks, good mover.
3. Kalaju Klassic Fairytale. Larger type, lovely shape, good head proportions, short coupled, good coat, sound mover.
1. Beauvallon Artemis With Amityoak. Strong solid feminine bitch. Lovely head proportions, strong muzzle with good width to skull, enough neck and good layback of shoulder, short coupled with strong quarters, good angulation and neat hocks, topped with quality in colour and texture. Moved out well with drive. Reserve CC
2. Jeddep Top Model For Lindisfarm. Unlucky to meet winner in full bloom, feminine, strong, well muscled girl. Quality coat, maturing well, sweet expression, good reach of neck, strong quarters, powered round the ring and well handled.
3. Kalaju Klassic Dream. A bit of a handful today, lots to like here, good head proportions, short, strong body, strong quarters and good coat.
1. Aryakas Genesis At Beauvallon. Excellent breed type. Strong jaw, correct foreface and good width to skull, giving a sweet, feminine expression. Good length to neck, correct shoulder placement, clean withers, short compact body with strong quarters, good bend of stifle and neat hocks. Topped with a quality mature coat in colour and texture. Moved with style and handled expertly at a good pace to keep her shape on the move which won her the CC & Best of Breed and delighted to see her take Group 4 later in the day.
2. Nl/Dk/Int/Ger/Vdh/Mon/Fr/Gib Ch Any Way Any How Of Fool's Paradise.
3. Bottom Shaker So Easy To Love.
1. Spa/Port Ch Oakfarm Day Dream Believing. Sound bitch overall, sweet expression, perfect temperament.